Your insights most welcome. We'll probably eventually publish these observations in book form. I've lived in Turkey for 14 months now; my wife has lived here for 16 months now. The overall blog is at http://jimbuie.blogs.com/turkey. Recent posts:
Reflections on the modern Turkish Republic (established 1923):
- Understanding Turkey's Internal Power Struggle.
- In Turkish Society, Tension Over Role of Religion in the Workplace.
- Paving Turkish Paradise, Putting Up a Parking Lot.
- Turkey & Wikileaks.
- Historical Blindness of Turkey's Detractors.
- Visiting Ataturk's 'Restroom'.
- Advice to Friends Considering A Visit to Turkey.
- Surprise Christmas Party, Hosted By Muslim Turks.
- Stuck in Kayseri for LONG Kurban Bayrami Holiday.
- Tarkan, the Turkish Elvis.
- Will Unification Make Cyprus A Better Place for Tourists?