Recently posted to our blog on Turkey, analysis of the Turkish Republic, founded in 1923:
- Al Qaeda Radicals in Turkey? A Few
- Understanding Turkey's Internal Power Struggle
- As It Celebrates Republic Day, Turkey, with Rapid Economic Growth, Looks Confidently to Future
- NPR Blog Highlights Medical Tourism in Turkey
- 'Portrait of a Turkish Family': This wealthy family of rug merchants fell into abject poverty as the Ottoman Empire collapsed, rejuvenated during the early days of the Turkish Republic, then fell into poverty again.
- New Visionary, documentary by Rageh Omaar for Al-JazeeraEnglish: "Turkey is quietly forging ahead with plans to become a regional superpower. Ahmet Davutoglu believes that Turkey has the makings of a regional superpower and that its deep historical and geographical connections with Arabs, Kurds, Persians, Central Asians and Caucasians are an advantage."